Do you travel for sessions?
- Yes! If there is a special location where you would like your session to take place just let me know.
Do you have a studio in your home?
- No, I am an on location photographer utilizing natural lighting and settings. The best times to use natural light are the few hours after sunrise and before sunset. I also find that people are most comfortable in familiar surroundings (parks, home, outdoors, special places commonly frequented).
How long does a session take? What about Newborns?
- Most sessions take at least an hour to shoot. A newborn session is a different beast as it’s contingent upon the star (newborn) so generally at least 2 hours. It’s a free flowing session with time allotted for diaper changes, feedings and whatever baby needs to feel safe and happy during the shoot.
What if it rains or my child is sick?
- If it rains we will reschedule or move the session indoor either at your home or a location decided upon between us. If your child is sick, call me to reschedule. I will do my best to reschedule your session as soon as possible.
What is your cancellation policy?
- If something comes up and you need to cancel your session, 48 hours notice is required. Your session fee is non-refundable. If you need to reschedule your session your session fee will be applied to your new session date.
When will we get to see our images?
- Images will viewable within 2 weeks .
Do I get a CD of all my images?
Can you hold my date?
- When booking your session date I require the session fee this saves your date and time exclusively for you! I can not hold your date until I receive the session fee.
How much does a session cost?
- See my investment page by clicking here. Also email me if what you desire doesn’t fit into packages offered. Send me an email.
I want to get married in another state/country. Do you travel?
- If you are planning a destination wedding and would like me to be your photographer contact me to make sure I am available for your wedding date. I would love to meet up and grab a cup of coffee with you and your Fiance (or your Mom), to discuss your travel itinerary and all the details of your wedding day. Count me in!
Maternity and Newborn FAQ
I am pregnant, when should I schedule my maternity session?
- If you are pregnant and know that you would like a maternity and newborn session, you should reserve your sessions as soon as you can.
When is the best time during my pregnancy for the maternity session?
- Whenever you feel comfortable being photographed. Most mommies prefer a point when the belly is very far along in the pregnancy and is nice and firm, between 30-36 weeks. You will be at a point where you are still comfortable during the session.
How soon after the birth should we schedule our session?
- First three weeks of life. Leave enough time for you to get into the swing of baby.
Do you photograph births?
- Yes! Birth photography is photographing the birth of a newborn, I am in the room during labor, the birthing process, and after. Birth photography is an amazing girft for the parents. They can go back and experience the labor process together.